Manufacturing Test Engineer
About the Company
Erbi Biosystems Inc. is a fast-growing biotechnology company that develops microfluidic instruments for the life sciences industry. By joining Erbi Biosystems Inc. you will have an opportunity to work on cutting edge technology alongside a skilled team of engineers and scientists creating products to accelerate biotechnology innovation.
Summary of Position:
Manufacturing Test Engineer is a hands-on role responsible for designing and improving electrical and mechanical testing setups used in Erbi’s proprietary manufacturing processes. This role involves every aspect of manufacturing test design including experimental design and analysis, equipment selection, software development, and final integration and continuous improvement of the tests. This position reports to the Operations Manager and is an excellent role for an engineer looking to lead hands-on development projects with a direct impact on organizational success.
Role and Responsibilities
- Improve test procedures for existing manufacturing compliance tests and develop new test procedures, both for existing products and new products in process
- Work with Erbi’s software engineering team to create automated test interfaces to expedite testing time
- Design new test setups as needed by the manufacturing organization for both electrical and mechanical testing
- Review new product designs to ensure they are capable of appropriate testing validation
- Perform test analysis to determine test precision, accuracy, and coverage relative to the needs of the organization
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum 6+ years’ experience in test engineering in a manufacturing context required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent required
- Able to self-motivate and work both independently and as part of a team. Eager to develop valuable technical knowledge, while helping others in their learning.
- Deep familiarity with MATLAB required
- Fluent in Microsoft Office suite, especially MS Excel required
- Familiarity with Java programming and python programming a plus
- Familiarity with biology, bioreactors specifically, a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be fluent in verbal and written English.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic and data-driven environment. Able to think creatively and work independently with high-level direction.
Erbi Biosystems, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefit plan (including medical, dental and vision) as well as a culture with opportunity for growth and rewarding challenges.
For positions requiring access to technical data, Erbi Biosystems, Inc. may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Department of Commerce – Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the U.S. Department of State – Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. As such, applicants for this position – except US Citizens, US Permanent Residents, and protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) – may have to go through an export licensing review process.
Erbi Biosystems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.