Director of Product Management
Summary of Position:
Erbi is a growth-stage startup with a mission to streamline cell culture with products that simplify bio-pharma and cell therapy process development and manufacture. We are looking for a talented, energetic and experienced Product Manager who will work to define, plan, coordinate and manage all aspects of new product development from market definition to product release and can be a key member of the Erbi management team.
Role and Responsibilities
The Product Manager will act as the primary interface between the external market and the product development organization; they will play a key role in defining and justifying new products, managing development from concept to release, evolution and end of life. They are responsible for product positioning, managing strategic accounts and act as the advocate and champion for the product line within the company and are accountable for overall profitability and revenue growth.
Key areas of responsibilities include:
- Provide expert understanding of biologics and cell culture technology, process and market trends. and needs. Develop market models, forecasts and product-investment proposals; conduct Voice of the Customer and market intelligence gathering to inform new products, evaluate opportunities and assess competition.
- Work with R&D team to assess new technologies, generate product roadmaps and specifications. Establish a development framework and manage products from launch to end of life.
- Work with VP Sales to establish and deliver annual revenue plan, including oversight of marketing, applications and service functions.
- Lead strategic planning by acting as focal point, driver and champion in the development of new product platforms, derivatives and services. Provide in-depth market, industry and competitive analysis and positioning; pursue partnerships with strategic partners and customers.
- Work with peers on management team to refine overall strategy, manage tactical challenges and lead the overall growth of the organization.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences (Biology or Chemistry) or related discipline. Graduate degree or comparable experience preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in biopharmaceutical or life sciences industries including direct participation in development of new products. Experience with biopharmaceutical manufacturing equipment, instrumentation or related process technology is essential.
- Demonstrated success in launching new products including use of stage-gate or agile product development processes, end-to-end execution of marketing strategies and management of external marketing resources.
- Strong experience in market research, business development and financial analysis.
- Deep technical acumen and credibility; experience working in a highly technical organization interacting with scientific and technical personnel, including field applications, sales and customers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; both written and verbal, including ability to present technical material at conferences and to customers.
- Experience managing people, projects and external resources.
- Highly analytic with the ability to synthesize complex information, resolve over-constrained problems, manage competing priorities and dynamic timelines.
- Focused and results oriented.
- Ability to travel regionally and globally, up to 25%.
About the Company
Erbi Biosystems Inc. is a fast-growing biotechnology company that develops microfluidic devices for the biopharmaceutical and medical industry. By joining Erbi Biosystems Inc. you will have an opportunity to work on cutting edge technology alongside a diverse team of talented engineers and scientists who are creating new products to accelerate biotechnology innovation.
Erbi Biosystems, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefit plan as well as a culture with opportunity for growth and rewarding challenges.
Candidates should be aware that Erbi Biosystems currently maintains a policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated prior to their employment start date. *Certain exemptions may apply.
For positions requiring access to technical data, Erbi Biosystems, Inc. may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Department of Commerce – Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the U.S. Department of State – Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. As such, applicants for this position – except US Citizens, US Permanent Residents, and protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) – may have to go through an export licensing review process.
Erbi Biosystems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.