Sr. Project Manager – Science
Summary of Position:
Erbi is a growth-stage startup with a mission to streamline cell culture with products that simplify bio-pharma and cell therapy process development and manufacture. We are looking for a talented, energetic and experienced Sr. Project Manager – Science.
The Sr. Project Manager – Science position will report to the CSO and play a key role in supporting and managing scientific projects related to the Erbi’s cell manufacturing technology platform – working with the science, applications, technology, product and operations teams and coordinating with the Director – Cell Therapy Biology and other Project Managers as needed to ensure efficient build, integration and management of program, project and product launch timelines.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support the scientific team objectives by independently leading project meetings as well as supporting the portfolio of program management activities as a team member.
- Work directly with BioLab scientific team to support Applications, Product and Operations team needs, building out requirements, timelines and prioritized schedule for all projects requiring lab support.
- Support Science/R&D, Product, Applications, Business and Operations – meeting with key stakeholders to develop and implement project/program goals aligned with company strategy, taking ideas from concept to requirement to plan.
- Identify and coordinate critical path activities and resources as needed for the delivery of scientific plan, including the development of contingency plans as needed.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to identify problems, create solutions, and implement improvements.
- Review of proposed modifications to project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement beneficial changes.
- Record meeting minutes as necessary, prepare meeting agenda; and disseminates relevant project data and schedule.
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field, Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years project management experience in a STEM environment (academic or industry).
- Minimum of 3 years life science or biotech industry project management, driving projects to on-time completion.
- Familiarity with cell/stem cell biology/cell therapy science, technology and applications.
- Project Management Certification (PMP) required.
- Demonstrated experience with project management methodology and software tools for planning and scheduling projects – Jira, Click-Up, Asana, Smartsheet, etc…)
- Experience working in cross-functional teams to deliver products to market, especially with scientists and engineers (hardware and software)
- Ability to synthesize and integrate information from multiple sources, then make decisions to efficiently develop & execute a plan.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills – including the ability to map out a project and create an estimated timeline for completion.
- Strong teaming abilities to build collaborative relationships to drive projects and to hold people accountable.
- Skills needed include excellent computer, written/ verbal communication, organization, presentation, analytical, critical reasoning, editing, problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiating skills.
- Desk/Computer work
Expected Hours of Work
- May need to work outside of standard working hours at times.
- This role is a hybrid, with work from home flexibility, but expectations to work on-site a minimum of three days per week.
About the Company
Erbi Biosystems Inc. is a fast-growing biotechnology company developing microfluidic devices for the biopharmaceutical and medical industry. By joining Erbi Biosystems Inc. you will have an opportunity to work on cutting edge technology alongside a skilled team of engineers and scientists creating a new product to accelerate biotechnology innovation.
Erbi Biosystems, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefit plan as well as a culture with opportunity for growth and rewarding challenges.
For positions requiring access to technical data, Erbi Biosystems, Inc. may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Department of Commerce – Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the U.S. Department of State – Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. As such, applicants for this position – except US Citizens, US Permanent Residents, and protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) – may have to go through an export licensing review process.
Candidates should be aware that Erbi Biosystems currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated prior to their employment start date. *Certain exemptions may apply.
Erbi Biosystems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.