Senior Systems Engineer
Summary of Position:
Erbi is a growth-stage startup with a mission to streamline cell culture with products that simplify bio-pharma and cell therapy process development and manufacture. We are looking for a talented, energetic and experienced Senior System Engineer.
Role and Responsibilities
The Senior System Engineer has the overall responsibility in providing system definition for Erbi Biosystems’ products. This includes defining product requirements, system architecture and decomposition, supporting the design process by evaluating trade-offs, establishing methods and plans for system verification and validation, and ensuring traceability through the entire V-model.
A successful candidate is organized and detail oriented; excels in complex system environments and able to communicate this at all levels; thrives in a fast-paced development environment and works well within a team structure to deliver results.
Key areas of responsibilities include:
- Own the “V-model”
- Gather and analyze stakeholder requirements including end users
- Collaborate with developers to establish system architecture and specifications
- Define a VnV plan for new products
- Generate and maintain traceability matrix
- Support design team in creating best in class designs
- Conduct trade-off analysis for competing design approaches
- Be an active member in generation of d/uFMEA
- Generate system level schematics
- Be a critical member in design reviews by analyzing for alignment with requirements
- Analyze test plans for their effectiveness
- Support Risk Management activities
- Support the growth of Erbi by being a key contributor in the development of systems and processes within the organization
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BS in CSE, EE, ME or similar
- 5+ years developing systems used in the life sciences
- Deep depth of knowledge in one or more engineering disciplines
- Familiarity with ISO-9001 or similar quality system
- Detail oriented and data driven
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be fluent in verbal and written English.
About the Company
Erbi Biosystems Inc. is a fast-growing biotechnology company developing microfluidic devices for the biopharmaceutical and medical industry. By joining Erbi Biosystems Inc. you will have an opportunity to work on cutting edge technology alongside a skilled team of engineers and scientists creating a new product to accelerate biotechnology innovation.
Erbi Biosystems, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefit plan as well as a culture with opportunity for growth and rewarding challenges.
Candidates should be aware that Erbi Biosystems currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated prior to their employment start date. *Certain exemptions may apply.
For positions requiring access to technical data, Erbi Biosystems, Inc. may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Department of Commerce – Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the U.S. Department of State – Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. As such, applicants for this position – except US Citizens, US Permanent Residents, and protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) – may have to go through an export licensing review process.
Erbi Biosystems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.