Senior Research Engineer
Summary of Position:
Erbi is a growth-stage startup with a mission to streamline cell culture with products that simplify bio-pharma and cell therapy process development and manufacture. We are looking for talented, diligent, growth-oriented engineers to help progress our core technology in the Research group and help lay the foundation for our future products. Ideal candidates have depth in one engineering discipline and competence in at least one other field. Impact areas are consumable manufacturing technology, fluidic systems integration, and sensing.
Role and Responsibilities
Research engineers are responsible for de-risking technologies for later use in product development. Ideal candidates will be able to take notional requirements or desired capabilities and map out options to explore with the aim of producing working prototypes for further refinement in product development.
Key areas of responsibilities include:
- Learning the current state of the art relevant to the problem
- Enumerating alternative approaches
- Designing feasibility studies to efficiently learn the pros/cons of alternative approaches
- Prototype design and execution with our iteration teams
- Documentation of results for transfer to product development
- Mentorship of junior engineers
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Solid fundamentals, ability to think from first principles
- Ability and desire to learn new skills
- Programming skills, depth in Python or Matlab for utilities, Java for application software a plus
- Ability to work on open ended problems with the goal of narrowing definition and scope
- In depth experience with consumable manufacturing, fluidic systems, or various sensor technologies
- Track record of defining and executing on projects independently.
- Experience with cell culture or bioprocessing a plus.
- BS, MS, PhD in a related field.
About the Company
Erbi Biosystems Inc. is a fast-growing biotechnology company developing microfluidic devices for the biopharmaceutical and medical industry. By joining Erbi Biosystems Inc. you will have an opportunity to work on cutting edge technology alongside a skilled team of engineers and scientists creating a new product to accelerate biotechnology innovation.
Erbi Biosystems, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefit plan as well as a culture with opportunity for growth and rewarding challenges.
For positions requiring access to technical data, Erbi Biosystems, Inc. may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Department of Commerce – Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the U.S. Department of State – Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. As such, applicants for this position – except US Citizens, US Permanent Residents, and protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) – may have to go through an export licensing review process.
Candidates should be aware that Erbi Biosystems currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated prior to their employment start date. *Certain exemptions may apply.
Erbi Biosystems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.