Senior Mechanical Engineer
Summary of Position:
Erbi is a growth-stage startup with a mission to streamline cell culture with products that simplify bio-pharma and cell therapy process development and manufacture. We are looking for a talented, energetic and experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer.
Role and Responsibilities
Senior Mechanical Engineer is a hands-on role in the R&D group responsible for a wide range of tasks related to the development of Erbi products. This includes the development of components, sub-systems, and products for the bioprocess industry, support of VnV activity, and contribute to the overall success of a growth-stage startup. A successful candidate is passionate about the work they are doing; enjoys problem solving and finding novel solutions to challenges; thrives in a fast-paced development environment and works well within a team structure to deliver results.
Key areas of responsibilities include:
- Development electro-mechanical sub-assemblies, including-
- Defining requirements
- Conducting trade-off analysis of design approaches
- Design and build of prototypes through product release
- Support downstream activity with appropriate design documentation
- Establish and support best practices for electro-mechanical development
- Serve as technical specialist, advisor and/or supervisor for the entire mechanical design development life cycle
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience developing electro-mechanical products
- Mechanical Engineering experience
- Demonstratable knowledge of product development best practices
- Ability to develop sub-systems with complex system interrelationships
- Working knowledge of designing for scalability, reliability and performance
- Experience developing products in the context of regulated environment (e.g., 21 CFR Part 11) a plus
- Ability to connect product requirements with design solutions
- Experience with fluid delivery systems (e.g. pressure/vacuum driven, peristaltic, gravity) a plus.
- Soft Skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization
- Able to self-motivate and work both independently and as part of a team
- Project management skills a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be fluent in verbal and written English.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic and data-driven environment. Able to think creatively and work independently with high-level direction.
About the Company
Erbi Biosystems Inc. is a fast-growing biotechnology company developing microfluidic devices for the biopharmaceutical and medical industry. By joining Erbi Biosystems Inc. you will have an opportunity to work on cutting edge technology alongside a skilled team of engineers and scientists creating a new product to accelerate biotechnology innovation.
Erbi Biosystems, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefit plan as well as a culture with opportunity for growth and rewarding challenges.
For positions requiring access to technical data, Erbi Biosystems, Inc. may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Department of Commerce – Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the U.S. Department of State – Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. As such, applicants for this position – except US Citizens, US Permanent Residents, and protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) – may have to go through an export licensing review process.
Candidates should be aware that Erbi Biosystems currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated prior to their employment start date. *Certain exemptions may apply.
Erbi Biosystems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.