Research Scientist III
Summary of Position:
Erbi is a growth-stage startup with a mission to streamline cell culture with products that simplify bio-pharma and cell therapy process development and manufacture. We are looking for a talented, energetic and experienced Research Scientist III.
The Research Scientist III will be a part of the Erbi BioLab team, reporting to the Erbi BioLab Director and is responsible for independently executing a wide variety of laboratory tasks and/or experiments in a high-quality research environment in support of the Erbi platform application to cellular therapy process development and manufacturing workflows. A successful candidate will have significant experience working with primary human cells, notably in the isolation/generation, expansion, gene editing, manipulation and/or differentiation of cell types (T-Cells, HSPCs, PSCs) applicable to cellular therapy.
Role and Responsibilities
- Culture and manipulation of primary human cells/stem cells (T-cells, HSPCs, PSCs and differentiated cell types) to support Erbi BioLab projects/program
- Independent execution and troubleshooting experimental plans
- Independent generation, interpretation and reporting out of experimental results
- Maintenance of a written or electronic laboratory notebook in a complete, consistent, and concise manner in accordance with company intellectual property policies and practices
- Day to day maintenance and support of lab function and facilities, including instrument quality control and maintenance.
- Coordination with and updating of Erbi BioLab Director to ensure accuracy of project timelines and on-time completion of projects.
- Communication of status and challenges of laboratory operations to Erbi BioLab Director and key stakeholders
- Build and maintain a positive, collaborative and supportive workplace culture.
- Represent the company and its science at industry meetings/conferences, serving as an ambassador in the scientific community to promote and maintain the Erbi brand, mission and reputation.
- Keeping current in the state of the field through reading of scientific journals, attending training courses and conferences, and participating in publication and research activities.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- B.S. with 5-7 years experience or M.S. with 3-5 years experience in field relevant to the biology of cell therapy
- Hands-on experience in a laboratory setting culturing and manipulating primary human cells/stem cells (T-cells, HSPCs, iPSCs and differentiated cell types) – experience with 3D or bioreactor cell culture a plus
- Ability to implement and follow detailed SOPs to efficiently execute a scientific project plan.
- Strong intellectual curiosity for exploring new technologies, processes and protocols to support the development of new product capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams, supporting and communicating across departments (Project Management, Product, Operations, Marketing, etc…)
- Excellent computer, written/ verbal communication, organization, presentation, analytical, critical reasoning, editing, problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiating skills.
- Bench top work in a laboratory environment, including potential exposure to biohazards
Expected Hours of Work
- May need to work outside of standard working hours at times
- This role is currently working onsite and is expected to work onsite for the majority of working hours.
About the Company
Erbi Biosystems Inc. is a fast-growing biotechnology company developing microfluidic devices for the biopharmaceutical and medical industry. By joining Erbi Biosystems Inc. you will have an opportunity to work on cutting edge technology alongside a skilled team of engineers and scientists creating a new product to accelerate biotechnology innovation.
Erbi Biosystems, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefit plan as well as a culture with opportunity for growth and rewarding challenges.
For positions requiring access to technical data, Erbi Biosystems, Inc. may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Department of Commerce – Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the U.S. Department of State – Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. As such, applicants for this position – except US Citizens, US Permanent Residents, and protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) – may have to go through an export licensing review process.
Candidates should be aware that Erbi Biosystems currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated prior to their employment start date. *Certain exemptions may apply.
Erbi Biosystems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.