Summary of Position:
Erbi is a growth-stage startup with a mission to streamline cell culture with products that simplify bio-pharma and cell therapy process development and manufacture. We are looking for a talented, energetic and experienced Research Associate.
The Research Associate will support generation of cell culture data, assist with instrument operation and monitoring, as well as participate in all general cell culture tasks and the general operation and maintenance of the laboratory.
Role and Responsibilities
The Research Associate is responsible for executing a wide variety of laboratory tasks and/or experiments in a high-quality research environment following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Good judgment and problem-solving skills are required for recognizing process deviations, participating in troubleshooting, and operation of complex laboratory instrumentation. The Research Associate is expected to organize their work and data collection according to company standard formats. A successful candidate possesses excellent attention to detail and the eagerness to work in a Team Science, data-driven atmosphere.
Key areas of responsibilities include:
- Run cell culture experiments: cell counting, metabolite analysis, in-process changes
- Troubleshooting, instrument quality control and maintenance
- Support testing and optimization of new cell culture products and new cell culture protocols
- Handle thawing and freezing seed trains.
- Maintain a written or electronic laboratory notebook in a complete, consistent, and concise manner in accordance with company intellectual property policies and practices
- Follow standard operating procedures and good laboratory practices
- Support discovery projects
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a life science
- Direct experience with mammalian cell culture or immune cell culture
- Proper aseptic technique
- Comfort creating and maintaining Excel, Word, Powerpoint documents
- 0 to 2 years of relevant cell culture lab experience
- Experience with cell isolation and cell banking protocols
- Excellent work ethic displayed as a reliable, self-motivated, enthusiastic team player
- Experience with bioreactors and tubing manifold assemblies
- Experience with any computer programming language
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Eager to learn new skills
- Bench top work in a laboratory environment, including potential exposure to biohazards
Expected Hours of Work
- May need to work outside of standard working hours at times
- This role is currently working onsite and is expected to work onsite for the majority of working hours.
About the Company
Erbi Biosystems Inc. is a fast-growing biotechnology company developing microfluidic devices for the biopharmaceutical and medical industry. By joining Erbi Biosystems Inc. you will have an opportunity to work on cutting edge technology alongside a skilled team of engineers and scientists creating a new product to accelerate biotechnology innovation.
Erbi Biosystems, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefit plan as well as a culture with opportunity for growth and rewarding challenges.
For positions requiring access to technical data, Erbi Biosystems, Inc. may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Department of Commerce – Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the U.S. Department of State – Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. As such, applicants for this position – except US Citizens, US Permanent Residents, and protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) – may have to go through an export licensing review process.
Candidates should be aware that Erbi Biosystems currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated prior to their employment start date. *Certain exemptions may apply.
Erbi Biosystems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.