Field Applications Scientist (US West Coast)
About the Company
Erbi Biosystems Inc. is a fast-growing biotechnology company developing microfluidic-based bioreactors for the biopharmaceutical industry. By joining Erbi Biosystems Inc. you will have an opportunity to work on cutting edge technology alongside a skilled team of engineers and scientists creating a new product to accelerate biotechnology innovation.
Summary of Position:
The Field Applications Team is critical for business development in Erbi’s commercial organization, and the Field Applications Role is an exciting and dynamic position. Using deep scientific knowledge, Field Applications Scientist serve as key customer liaisons because of their understanding of the customer’s processes combined with their knowledge of Erbi’s products and solutions. Therefore, the role involves frequent in-person and virtual customer interactions. Reporting to the Field Applications Manager, you will work internally with sales, product management, and others to ensure successful understanding of customer needs and achieve meaningful results with Erbi’s technology through product positioning, demonstrations, and ongoing support. Additionally, you will work with R&D teams to develop and support new applications, product enhancements, and new products.
Role and Responsibilities:
Erbi’s Field Applications Scientists are the customer’s technical liaisons and key point-of-contact for instrument demonstrations and post-sale activities (i.e. customer support). You will support customers by providing expert advice and support on Erbi technologies, responding to customers’ technical/process questions by synthesizing solutions, and developing successful relationships with customers. You will advocate for, create support material for, and provide training for customers and distributors. You will be the customer expert and work with the organization in the development of new products and programs.
Key areas of responsibilities include:
- Responsible for product demonstrations and post purchase customer relationship activities including installation, trainings, site visits, maintenance, support, and follow ups.
- Work with sales team on technical engagement/demonstration with customer and help configure products and customer design of experiment protocols.
- Lead installation and initial applications setup with customer. This will include evaluating customer processes and configuring Erbi systems to address unique customer needs.
- Provide ongoing customer support by addressing questions and providing guidance in a wide variety of application areas.
- Engage product and R&D teams when needed and manage customer communication.
- Develop good long-term customer relationships and high customer satisfaction while engaging resources in the team as needed.
- Identify and manage customer technical issues to closure with timely escalation to R&D as needed. This may include working with R&D to develop short- and long-term solutions or updates to requirements based on customer experience/environment.
- Provide input on product improvement and new product development projects.
- Support new product validation – testing against customer requirements when needed. Report on all on-field activities and customer contacts in CRM software, including milestones and routine report-outs.
- Draft/develop product documentation, training materials, and white papers including new products documentation, new ways of using existing products, and documentation for new SW releases.
- Support onboarding of new hires.
- Participate in additional duties as assigned.
This role will require approximately 50% travel and may also include international travel.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Master’s degree or higher in engineering, biology, or related scientific fields, including cell biology, chemistry, or biophysics
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in cell culture and related applications including lab-bench experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Fluent in verbal and written English
- Able to interact with various levels including technical and non-technical users, sales, and leadership
- Goal-oriented and energetic. Self-motivated and able to balance teamwork with individual tasks to meet deadlines. Eager to develop valuable technical knowledge and help others in their learning
- Strong organization skills and ability to progress key tasks/accounts, while maintaining a broad list of inputs and responsibilities
- Comfortable leading in-depth, technical discussions for a diverse audience
- Basic programming skills (experience with Python, Java, and Matlaba plus)
- Experience in process development applications in scale up or scale down and cell therapy manufacturing is preferred
- Understanding of mechanical, electronic, and pneumatic systems as well as computer hardware and software is preferred
- Willingness to travel and possession of a valid passport required
Erbi Biosystems, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefit plan as well as a culture with opportunity for growth and rewarding challenges.
Erbi Biosystems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For positions requiring access to technical data, Erbi Biosystems, Inc. may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Department of Commerce – Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the U.S. Department of State – Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. As such, applicants for this position – except US Citizens, US Permanent Residents, and protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) – may have to go through an export licensing review process.