Summary of Position:
Erbi is a growth-stage startup with a mission to streamline cell culture with products that simplify bio-pharma and cell therapy process development and manufacture. We are looking for a talented, energetic and experienced Electrical Engineer.
Role and Responsibilities
The Electrical Engineering position is a hands-on role in the R&D group responsible for a wide range of tasks related to the development, prototype, and test of Erbi products. This includes development of new PCBs and Firmware to support both new and existing products.
A successful candidate is passionate about the work they are doing; enjoys problem solving and finding novel solutions to challenges; thrives in a fast-paced development environment and works well within a team structure to deliver results.
Key areas of responsibilities include:
- Be an active member of a cross-discipline engineering team
- Apply your knowledge in developing microcontrollers for use in bioreactors and bioprocessing
- Define subsystem requirements and develop test methods to support product release
- Support existing products through their entire life-cycle
- Work with stakeholders to define and prioritize backlog items
- Establish PCB/Firmware best practices and process within the development team
- Generate detailed documentation to support your designs
- Collaborate with external contractors as needed
- Provide mentorship for junior developers and help shape the future of the team at Erbi
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BSEE, MS a plus
- 3+ experience developing and programming embedded systems
- PCB – Schematic, Layout, & Design
- VHDL, Verilog, Modelsim, and Xilinx FPGA
- Deep familiarity with at least one microcontroller or microprocessor family.
- Experience managing EMI/EMC and/or supporting related testing a plus
- Electronic Systems Architecture & Design. Experience in transfer to manufacturing
- Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Design for Test (DFT) experience a plus
- Test Fixture and Test Development
- Experience working with external board houses and electronic fabrication
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to self-motivate and work both independently and as part of a team. Eager to develop valuable technical knowledge, while helping others in their learning.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic and data-driven environment. Able to think creatively and work independently with high-level direction.
About the Company
Erbi Biosystems Inc. is a fast-growing biotechnology company developing microfluidic devices for the biopharmaceutical and medical industry. By joining Erbi Biosystems Inc. you will have an opportunity to work on cutting edge technology alongside a skilled team of engineers and scientists creating a new product to accelerate biotechnology innovation.
Erbi Biosystems, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefit plan as well as a culture with opportunity for growth and rewarding challenges.
Candidates should be aware that Erbi Biosystems currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated prior to their employment start date. *Certain exemptions may apply.
For positions requiring access to technical data, Erbi Biosystems, Inc. may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Department of Commerce – Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the U.S. Department of State – Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. As such, applicants for this position – except US Citizens, US Permanent Residents, and protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) – may have to go through an export licensing review process.
Erbi Biosystems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.